Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I Love This Story

Here's a little story that I will be adding to every eBay CD auction soon to be posted under my account...

***************************************************
The True Story Behind the CDs:

My brother, Mikey, is Autistic with severe Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. He has a massive collection of CDs, which he handles with extreme care.

One day, he was sorting and stacking many of them on our parents’ kitchen table. Our Dad wanted to have a quick bite to eat at the table, and debate arose over whether or not he could move any of the CDs to make a little room. Mikey was, of course, concerned that something might “get onto or damage” his CDs. This is not a joke. That is how obsessively he cares for his things. When my brother left the CDs unattended for a while, my Dad proceeded to eat at the table, taking great care not to disrupt the carefully arranged piles of music. Dad was simply thinking that Mikey would never know, and that what he didn’t know wouldn’t hurt him – or his CDs.

Unfortunately, Dad got busted! Mikey wouldn’t use them after that. There were over 100 CDs on the table that day. Some weren’t even opened and most had barely been used. It seems a shame to let them go to waste, so I am selling them for him. Hopefully, I can raise enough money for him to replace some.

What’s the point of this little story? Simply to explain how I can guarantee that any CDs I sell here on eBay are in near perfect condition.

***************************************************

That's a true story! Cross my heart and hope to die. I doubt anyone on eBay will believe it, though. At any rate, I can't think of a better reason for someone to trust the condidtion of an item than it having been owned by someone with hardcore OCD.

I'm selling them to help out. I hate posting auctions for other people, but for I'll make an exception for my bro.

:D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lie. Sometimes its a GoodThing.

Tell Mikey you've sold and then replaced them with new ones. (Assuming he'd believe this with the unopened ones.) Voila, CDs he'd be happy with again.

Make It So said...

Haha, that is a good idea but he will not accept CDs that he hasn't purchased himself. And when you take him shopping, don't dare ask to touch or sse them. They stay in the bag until they arrive safely to his room (aka the most steril place on Earth).

 
The Freshwater Files © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina