Monday, June 23, 2008

I Love Gina

I have a life-long friend named Gina. Our Moms have been best friends since they were 16. So there was no hope of us not at least knowing each other. Knowing doesn't always mean loving, but I love me some Gina. Today brought me one more reason. As I have just become aware, she likes The Freshwater Files. Who wouldn't, right? Then again, she has always had good taste.

As I was saying, Gina read my post about finding the Sci-Fi Stories mag from 1957. While visiting her sister in LA, she came across some postcards that are old sci-fi book covers and bought me 2. Then, instead of just waiting to see me, she surprised me by mailing them in a card! The card had handwriting in it! I almost forgot how to read handwriting-even nice handwriting like hers! What I read was a helluva nice note and I really 'effing appreciate it. I don't think there are too many things I enjoy more than sci-fi and presents. When the two forces are joined, it's bliss.

Thanks for making my day, girl!

1 comments:

That guy said...

Gotta love that shit, my sister just sent me a cd that I blogged about losing.

Literally, just now got it.

Get out of my head.

 
The Freshwater Files © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina