Sunday, July 27, 2008

I Love The X-Files

Evan and I went to see the X-Files movie today. I didn't plan it. Just suggested it and it happened. Ivy was at a party with Brent & Brittani, so we took advantage of the freedom.

I'm not going to try and say it was that great of a movie, but I hearts me some X-Files! It made me happy. I looked at Evan before it started and said, "I feel like I am about to be reunited with my first true love." Seriously, people, I have a cat named Mulder. It was kinda sad to see my beloved David Duchovny looking so much older. *Sigh* Whatev' - still delicious.

My complaint is pretty simple. It was like watching a 2-hour long X-Files and wishing that it was a better episode. I can think of several episodes that had better stories than this movie had. Acting and directing and all that was fine, don't get me wrong. I guess I was just hoping for some more conspiracy-oriented stuff. Side note - I dug that it was set in harsh West Virginian winter but came out in the dead of summer. Instant air-conditioning, like singing Christmas carols to cool off.


Now I need to hunt down my fellow X-Files lovers because I have some questions about how the show ended. I stopped watching right before the last season. Things never work out when a main character wants to leave a show. When DD wanted to leave, they should have ended it right. Instead, it went out without a bang...kinda dwindled away. It was a sad ending to one of the most legendary Sci-Fi shows ever made.

0 comments:

 
The Freshwater Files © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina