Friday, July 25, 2008

I Love My Actual Birthday

I'm officially older now. This was a legendary year of birthday fun for me. I actually took it easy on Monday. I chilled with Ivy all day, watched cartoons, colored like a goddess, and played the part of the tickle monster. It was a good performance.

Tuesday was wings at the Hop House. Eh, that's always good lovin' fun with the crew. Everyone left pretty early, so I got to lay low and save up my energy for "TRUE BIRTHDAY 2008."

TB2008 began with a meetup of Me, Evan & Tony at Nunny's. Evan had this delusion that he might do some work and not come out. When I saw the scotch in his hand, I knew he would be easy to crack. Tony brought me some flowers and a book for Ivy. Haha. I have this vision of him standing in this big room full of books - looking around and deciding which one to bring. I swear that he has a new book for me, Evan or Ivy every time we see him. He's a masterful, gift-giving guru. The three of us (Evan = no willpower) headed down to the Sharp Edge to meet up with Missy & Co. Mikey J came, too.

Missy & Co. didn't arrive until after 10. When they did, they rolled in with cupcakes (delicious), a card (hilarious), a huge birthday bee balloon (adorable), and a framed picture of the last time we all hung out. Nice surprises all around! I have incredible friends. We hung there until they literally kicked us out (they close @ midnight). Since they had gotten there so late, we decided to head to the Hop House for a few more beers. By that time we were pretty lit from the hearties at the Edge. I really just remember laughing my ass off for 2 hours with Missy, her boyfriend Mike, and her brother Alex.

Perfect end to "BIRTHDAY WEEK 2008." Thanks again, everyone!

0 comments:

 
The Freshwater Files © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina