Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I Love Yet Another Fun Weekend

I had a blast this weekend...as usual!

Friday was a small party for Robb's b-day. Thanks to Jen for hosting. I encountered a disappointment that led me to the realization that I have it pretty good. I have this lamp that I got at Target. Several times, Robb has mentioned that he likes it. That was my super gift idea for his b-day because he's not the easiest friend to buy for. I went to Target only to discover that the bastard is DISCONTINUED. Freaking thing is still displayed up on the shelf. Grrrrrr. I was heartbroken. So, I settled for the Metalocalypse DVD, which he loved anyway. But, yeah, if that is a major let down in my book, then I should never complain. Hold me to it! Just cut me some slack if I'm hormonal, because then shit is totally whacked in my dome.

Saturday was a fundraiser party at the Concordia Club in Carnegie. My friend's little sis has cancer and is currently undergoing chemotherapy. I can't afford our meager medical bills, so I can imagine how expensive this all must be for them. They had a golf outing which raised over 6 thousand dollars! That's incredible. A bunch of us made it down to the club for an after-party. There were remnants of a chinese auction and also a donation box, so I hope they raised lots more by the end of the night. It was a really great time and kinda like highschool reunion - take two. I saw a lot of folks I haven't seen in years, including an old neighbor of mine that I haven't seen since we were 7. He was hammered and hilarious. I swear to God he must have given me a thousand high fives for being so "cool and fun." I wasn't paying much attention to him, honestly, and kept sneaking away when I could. Poor kid seems to have no concept of "personal space." Haha. Whatever, good times.

Sunday was the Poison concert. After the late night on Saturday, I was astonished at how flawlessly we pulled together a tailgate. Guess that's what happens when a bunch of people have been partying together for so many years. The fun-sectors of our brains have psychically fused into a party machine. Evan even used the carpet remnant - until now a permanent fixture on our front porch - to line his truck. It was truly maximum comfort. The show itself would have been a lot more enjoyable, but it was cold and rainy...and some of us were chemically enhanced...shhhhh, don't tell. The government would have you believe we aren't capable of making such decisions for ourselves. I actually enjoyed Dokken's show more than Poison. Bret had "laryngitis." Evan swears that was the story last time he saw them. Speaking of Evan, he rocked his little heart out through all the cold and the rain. I didn't realize how big of a Poison fan he had been in youth. Pretty cute, actually.

0 comments:

 
The Freshwater Files © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina