Monday, June 22, 2009

I Love Alex

I have been so busy. Busy having fun, that is. I got to see NIN a couple of Wednesdays ago. Why is Trent Reznor so hot?!?!?!?!? He looks better than he ever did when I was in high school (when I really had the hardcore love for him). Guess some people just get better with age. And kicking drugs will help anyone's appearance.

Speaking of that, is Perry Farrell no longer on heroin? He looks like he maybe gained 20 pounds. I'm not a fan, but still nice to see him looking almost human. Evan is more of a Jane's Addiction fan, so we stayed for their whole show.

Concerts, concerts, concerts...Phish was last week. Ohmyfuckinggod, I love them. I always reach that point at their shows when I am so absorbed in their playing that I kinda feel like I'm no longer on Earth. NO, I was not on any hallucinogens. I didn't even eat one bite of Mike's delicious Betty Crockers this time. Drugs never hurt a show, but I just decided to avoid the inevitable "nerves" I get when they wear off.

The show was spectacular, as always. I realize what it is about a Phish show that you never see at any other concert...unity. There is a unity between fans. I've talked to numerous people who work or have worked at the Ampitheater and even they can sense the difference. I love the hundreds of beach balls and balloons bouncing all over the crowd. I even love the anticipation of being hit in the head by flying glowsticks. When you go to the bathroom, people are still dancing all over the place out on the sides. The sidewalks are jammed with people having a blast. There were 21,000 people at the show, and I'm just so thankful to have been one of them. They stopped playing at midnight because they had to, but you get the distinct impression that they would have stayed longer...

Oh well, whatever. I could go on and on but I'll segway into Paul and Mary's visit. They were here from Philly for the show. It's always so great to see them. This time, I finally got to meet their little girl, Denali. She's adorable and, of course, Ivy loved her. Jen planned her housewarming party to include them. That was Friday. It was a blast. Paul and Mary came back after taking Denali home to bed and we lucked out when Brent and Brittani decided to steal Ivy for the night. I spent a long while talking drunken politics and religion with Paul. He's the best. Haha. I know, I know, sounds like a riot! But you just can't put a price on friends you really connect with like that.

We also got a visit from Terry last week. Sadly, he missed Jen's party but we all hung out on Wednesday so it's cool. It's always great to see him. I can't believe he's been in LA for like 4 years now!

Time to move on to the best news of all...in my mind. Late at the party when all the little kiddies had run off to bed and it was (as often happens) me hanging with Alex...he made my life. He really wants a dog and needs a very small one. After seeing my little MinPins, he decided he would like to adopt Irene on a trial basis! Irene is our third canine addition to the family. She's a good little dog but has always had so much trouble going with the flow here in this crowded house. We have waffled for a long time about taking her back to her previous owner, but just never had the balls to throw in the towel. So I told Alex to talk to me when we were sober. But he insisted that he was serious and that he wanted me to go with him to pick out a crate for her and stuff the next day! Sleep deprivation and my goofy work schedule stopped us from getting together on Saturday, but we made a plan for today. In fact he literally just texted me for the 5th time today. Haha, I think the man is excited. I hope it works out. I won't be the slightest bit upset if he decides he can't handle her at the end of a month, but I will be SUPER EXCITED if Irene finds her true home. The little pup just needs more attention than we have to give.

Thank you, Alex!

0 comments:

 
The Freshwater Files © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina