Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I Love This and That

I finally opened my precious little Simple. It is a lovely new toy. I wound my very first bobbin on it. Go me! And that tablecloth is not going to be as simple as I thought. It has a border. Eek! Haha. I started cutting fabric for it while Ivy watched all 20 episodes of Caillou On Demand. It won't be difficult, but at least I feel like it's more of a learning experience.

Other new and exciting tidbits:

1.) I am working at the Steel City Con with The Masquerade in April. That is going to be so retardedly fun. I hope I'm there for the 3rd day's costume contest! Homemade costumes only will be eligible. Magnificent! I won't be able to participate because I have to dress up in Masquerade merchandise. I don't have to dress up at all, but I was told I could. We all know that I never pass up the opportunity to dress like a fool. I found a super little pirate costume at the store and I believe it will be my uniform for the weekend. I don't like pirates very much, but it works. The only female Star Wars costume we have right now is Padme Amidala. It is gianormous and pretty fugly, to be honest. My boss made it clear in his own way that I should either dress Star Wars or dress pirate. Pirate wins. There IS a Rainbow Brite costume that I'm sure he would OK (it's a toy show, too) but then I would have to wear a wig...still debating, but leaning towards no.

2.) I made cupcakes today. They are in Spongebob papers with dinosaur shaped sprinkles. Why did I do this? I really have no idea. I just saw Funfetti mix in the baking aisle and had to have it. They're delicious. My co-workers stand to benefit greatly from this.

3.) I am already working on mine and Evan's Halloween costumes. I figure there will be no excuse for a half-assed job if I start now. Then I can start using my sewing skills for something important. Hehe. It's too bad this Con isn't falling later in the year so that we could enter their contest. Our outfits would fit right in.

4.) This is the best news of all. Jon LaJoie is coming to Pittsburgh and we are going. Jen is buying the tickets tonight. She burned me a copy of his CD that she bought. That guy was born with one seriously dominant funny gene. If you haven't heard "Pop Song" then you must listen to it...immediately!

0 comments:

 
The Freshwater Files © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina