Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I Love When Goodness Finds Me



Today, I received a random convo on Etsy from a fellow named Andy Hopp. He is organizing a nifty "little" craft and art show called The Oddmall. He invited me to secure a booth at said event. I'm so tickled that Mr. Hopp stumbled upon my work and considered it different enough to receive juried approval for the show. His description of the event:

"Oddmall is more than just an ordinary craft show. It's a celebration of uniqueness, creativity, imagination, and wonder where artists, crafters, and like-minded sorts gather to offer their unusual creations for public consumption. It's a forum for creative expression, a classroom for esoteric wisdom, a soapbox for wild ideas, a miraculous marketplace of the unconventional, a metaphorical Serengetian watering hole where the zebras and wildebeests of inspiration and artistry congregate amidst the snapping crocodiles and scorching sunbeams of originality and ingenuity. ...umm yeah. Anyway, it'll be fun. Trust me."

Did I go for it? Hells yeah! Got me a booth at the "Early Worm" price, as they call it. The show is at a Holiday Inn in Hudson, OH. Not too close, not too far. I need to talk to my cousins to see if Evan and I can stay with them. They live in Medina, which isn't far from Hudson.

It's not until May 9th. Plenty of time to make new items and work on my display.

In case you don't understand, THIS IS AWESOME NEWS!!!! I'm always looking for places like this to sell my jewelry. I'm a decent saleswoman, they tell me. I definitely benefit far more from a live show with customer interaction that from any online venue.

Start wishing me luck now. Hell, even if I don't sell a thing, it still looks like a hell of a good time. I'm "2 hells in one sentence" excited right now! WOOHOOOOOOOO!!!

0 comments:

 
The Freshwater Files © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina